Friday, March 27, 2015

Corset Friday || OC Mesh Waspie (CS-201)


Today is the first day of my Corset Fridays!  I'm going to be highlighting my own corset-wearing journey and sharing details of my personal goals, thoughts, and favorite corsets.  I want to first state that I am not a doctor of physiologist, and I have only been wearing corsets for about a year and a half.  For corset health, detailed information about corsets and waist training, and expert knowledge, visit Lucy's Corsetry which is my main reference and where I learned most of what I know.  My Corset Fridays will just be about my own personal thoughts and experience - as I get so many questions from readers who are curious about my hourglass shape and how I achieve it.  For this reason as well, I'll be highlighting various corsets!  

For a little background, I've been wearing corsets around a year and a half.  I don't think I can even call myself a waist-trainer because I'm not completely consistent.  I wear corsets for about 4-6 hours a day and sometimes up to 9 hours depending on whether I'm out that long, and between 4-5 days a week.  Most of my clothes are altered to fit my corsets, because the authentic vintage cinched waist is pretty much the only way I like wearing clothes.  While my goals have never officially been to lose any inches in my waist when not wearing my corsets, I definitely wouldn't be upset if I did have more a of a defined hourglass shape without my corsets.  I've heard mixed opinions on whether this is actually possibly, but I can honestly tell you that I have!  I lost between 1/2 - 1 inch and my waist visibly has a more defined hourglass shape - even though I'm not an extreme tightlacer!  However, what I know from research about this change in my shape is that my ribs will move back very quickly to their original shape if I stop wearing corsets.  So it's more of a temporary change - so long as I continue to wear corsets.

I will definitely show you all my waist without a corset so you can see the hourglass shape that is forming, and much more in the coming Friday posts!  Today I want to share with you one of my absolute favorite new corsets, the Orchard Corset CS-201 Mesh Waspie.  This corset is breathable for the upcoming summer season, as it's transparent with mesh holes.  It has quite a bit of stretch in it so it forms to your body nicely.  I've noticed some discomfort in some corsets on my hips, but this corset fits and feels like a dream.  It actually gives a more extreme curve, but with more comfort.... Let's just say, this corset has been on repeat for me!  Due to it's stretch, it's recommended to size down in this particular corset.  So while I normally wear size 20, I wear a size 18 in this style.  The only hard part is actually showing off this curve when wearing clothes unless you wear a tight belt or your garments are altered to this extreme shape.  In the picture above, I'm wearing this corset under my dress with a belt cinched to show off the extreme shape! (I have to puncture a hole in my own belts since the smallest sizes are never small enough for my waist!)  Then I have pictures of the actual corset, in the beige skin-color tone.  

Definitely let me know if you do have specific questions here, or on my Instagram and I will try to answer some of them with my new series!

Waspie :: Orchard Corset
Lingerie Set :: Von Follies
Dress :: Stop Staring
Fishnets :: Silkies
Shoes :: Unique Vintage

5 comments:

  1. Hello Lovely, Orchard Corset told me that this corset would be the best fit for my body, however they said to order a size 22 since my natural waist size is a 26, in your post above you recommend sizing down so should I order a size 22 or 20? This would be my first corset! 💋 I'm not looking to wear it to loose inches its more as a fashion piece to add more shape to my wardrobe so I'd wear for however long I was out & to help my posture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this would be the perfect corset for a little shaping in your wardrobe! Since it's your first corset, I would definitely go with the 22 they recommended. Your body will take a little time to get used to the concept of cinching. Once you are able to close the 22, you can choose if you like the way it looks or if you'd like to go down a little smaller! xo

      Delete
  2. Oh thank you so much for the advice size 22 here I come! 💋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I have been waist training on and off for two years with a corset that gives me a 25" waist, I'm now looking to purchase the Orchard Mesh Waspie in a 20". However, as you might have noticed yourself, a few entries on the internet complain about poor quality of the seams in this corset, and say its shape does not allow to reduce the waist much, giving a rather "naturally slim/slightly curvy" look. What is your opinion on this?

    Yours,

    Elly

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel