Wednesday, April 8, 2015

1930 Fire Escape || Lace Boudoir Robe & Floral Lingerie

IMG_4289

Hi everyone, I hope you had a wonderful Easter!  I must admit that my late posting this week is due to the little "stay-cation" that I mentioned in my last outfit post last week. :)  I've had so much fun exploring all over this amazing city with my mom in town, and I'll be sure to share some photos from our week soon.  Today's post features the stunning ivory Clair de Lune robe by one of my favorite lingerie designers, Angela Friedman.  Her previous work in the Ballet world always shines through with her absolutely brilliant feminine accents and delicate details.  With scalloped lace edges, a delicately cinching waistband, and a gently cascading hemline, this robe has all the elements of Old Hollywood glamour that I love.  I drew inspiration from the opulence of 1930's Jean Harlow, styling of the 1950's, and a sprinkling of details from the 1960's.  My floral lingerie set is by Playful Promises via Kiss Me Deadly and I'm in love with it's classic inspiration and innovative details.  The cage bra balanced against floral cups results in the perfect mix of edge and romantic.  I recently introduced you to the amazing true vintage french plastic hair clips that Mane Message just released, and today I accented the glamorous feel with a gold heart barrette.

I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the week as I continue my "stay-cationing" but I'll see you all back here on Monday with a new outfit post!

IMG_4194_2
IMG_4378_2
IMG_42gd70
IMG_4189_2
IMG_4363_2
IMG_4481
IMG_4263_2
IMG_4219
IMG_4245
IMG_4203
IMG_4362_2
IMG_41z87_2
Lingerie Set :: Playful Promises via Kiss Me Deadly
Hair Clip :: Mane Message
Stockings :: Agent Provocateur

4 comments:

  1. I love your Playful Promises floral lingerie set from Kiss Me Deadly! These photos of you showcasing the set are fabulous! I love the settings on the fire escape - It reminds me a bit of some of the classic Maidenform ads only they're even better. The photos in front of the antique mirror are classic and beautiful as well. Gorgeous lingerie like that should be seen and these photos are artistic perfection.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh-oh-oh, that's AMAZING! I am so glad I've found your blog=))) Hi from the Far East and have a good day=))

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel