Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Museum || Day Dress for Art + Berghoff

IMG_528h3

My 'staycation' week concludes with a day at the Art Museum and a visit to the historic German restaurant and bar Berghoff, which opened in 1898!  It's amazing to think that right here in my own city center, we preserve dramatic European-style establishments from so long ago that have become Chicago landmarks... and still in operation today.  The Berghoff was the first business to receive a liquor license once prohibition ended in 1933!  It was amazing to dine and experience a piece of history - over 100 years of history.  It was certainly a day for history, as our morning perusing the Chicago Art Institute Museum was nothing short of awe-inspiring.  I have been fortunate enough to have visited museums all over the world, from Prague to Rome to New York's Met and it never ceases to amaze me how big cities hold such a vast culture of art, history, architecture, music, and all the glamour of manmade beauty.  We had an amazing time soaking in works by artists such as Van Gogh, Monet, American Gothic by Grant Wood, Georges Seurat, Da Vinci, and so many more.  European art is my favorite, and we admired Paintings of Impressionism as well as sculptures dating back to before 1600.  More highlights were Renaissance and actual Armor & Arms that were dinged and flawed from real use in battle.  There were simply too many beautiful pieces to capture - and I feel that experiencing art is often better in person, so here's just a little overview from the day.  I styled my Pollypop Gingham dress with a sophisticated feel by adding a gold hair clip and white accessories...

IMG_5293
IMG_5252
IMG_5260
IMG_5298
IMG_5351
IMG_5333
IMG_5328
IMG_5362
IMG_5421
IMG_5371
IMG_5379
IMG_5431

Off to Berghoff...

IMG_5448
IMG_5451
unnamed-26
Dress :: Pollypop
Handbag :: Unique Vintage
Earrings :: Unique Vintage
Shoes :: Similar
Gloves :: Light in the Box
Stockings :: Similar

4 comments:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel