Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Breakfast at Waldorf || Florals for Goop Pop-Up Grand Opening

IMG_6456

I recently spent a glamorous morning brunching at Waldorf Astoria and touring Gwyneth Paltrow's new Goop Pop-Chicago next door.  I wanted to wear something vibrant for a spring morning yet sophisticated for brunch at the Waldorf, and my Baton Rouge Floral Vamp Dress from Pinup Girl Clothing was the perfect choice.  It's print is bright and feminine, and it's hourglass pencil shape allowed for the polished feel I was going for.  Since this was an indoor event, I loved bringing it all together with sleek black accessories and accents.

Goop Chicago is Gwyneth's third pop up, and the interior was a partnership with designer Kara Mann.  The fuzzy stools, Heritage Bicycle, and romantic floral print fitting rooms were my favorite decor details.  After the tour and celebration, we headed over to the Waldorf for a beautiful breakfast. The Waldorf's posh city-swank history always fascinated me, as the original New York 1897 structure was one of the grandest hotels in the world.  "Weekend at The Waldorf" with Ginger Rogers was the first major motion picture filmed entirely inside a hotel and outside of Hollywood's studios in 1945.  While our Chicago location was built in modernity, I was very impressed to discover that it's design emulates the grand hotels of Paris in the 1920's.  As you'll see from iPhone snaps at the end of this post, it's gorgeous opulent lobby did not disappoint.

It was a morning of style, glamour, and dining surrounded by beauty - thank you Goop for the fun!  Be sure to check out Goop for fashion and lifestyle guides + the new Goop Chicago Pop-up.

IMG_6501
IMG_6496
IMG_6581
IMG_6531 (1)
IMG_6579
IMG_6426
IMG_6409

From the iPhone...

unnamed-9
unnamed-7
unnamed-5
unnamed (1)
unnamed (2)
Dress :: Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes :: Unique Vintage
Handbag :: Tatyana via Unique Vintage
Shrug :: Wheels & Dollbaby

5 comments:

  1. That floral print of that Pinup Girl Clothing Vamp Dress is gorgeous! I love the colours.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of that shrugg. It shows off the dress well while still providing some coverage for potentially cold arms. I might have to look at getting one of those (as my arms are always cold!).

    - Briana
    http://theladynerd.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty floral dress.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel