Monday, May 11, 2015

Cherries & Lace || Spring in Millenium Park

IMG_6678

During spring and summer, I never like having to put on sunscreen - and a pinup must be sure to keep her porcelain complexion from the sun's rays!  So lately I've been toting around feminine parasols like today's lace lovely.  It's the perfect way to stay stylish and feminine while adding a little extra element of solar protection.  Blooming Millennium Park was the perfect location to showcase my new Heart of Haute classic cherry Sweetie Dress.  I also have this dress in the red gingham print and it is one of my favorite dress styles I've ever owned!  I tend to gravitate toward a pencil silhouette but what I love about this swing-style design, is the classic cinched waist and true waist placement.  I usually dislike how many reproduction swing dresses hit above the waist, creating a more empire shape - and are often not as cinched as I like.  Even though I alter all of my dresses to fit my extreme corseted waist, I only had to alter the Sweetie Dress very slightly!  It has such a classic fit, accentuating the waistline as true to the authenticity of vintage eras.  Not to mention, the perfect sweetheart neckline and perfect prints.  Speaking of Heart of Haute, I've been lusting after this beautiful Milan Dress in "Cinderella" print.... The color and subtle sparkling damask detailing are just too much!

I feel like every big city has it's classic manicured park... New York has Central Park, Rome has Villa Borghese, and we have Millennium Park - which has a rich history of it's own.  It used to be the Illinois Central Railway, housing ICR locomotives since 1852!

IMG_6663 (1)
IMG_6701
IMG_6683
IMG_6646
IMG_6704
IMG_6751
IMG_6697
IMG_6600
IMG_6802
IMG_6633
Dress :: Heart of Haute & check out Milan too!
Parasol :: Feelmaker
Handbag :: Tatyana via Unique Vintage
Shoes :: Flirty Lingerie
Earrings :: Unique Vintage

3 comments:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel