Monday, May 18, 2015

La Salle || Playful Promises Twisted Circus Showgirl Fringe

IMG_707e3

I love mixing in little unique pieces to classic garments, very carefully and with simplicity in mind.  Words can't describe how much I love the Showgirl Black Fringe Playsuit by Playful Promises from their limited Twisted Circus Range.  "This classic black harness is elegant and self-assured, daring and risqué" ... I couldn't have described it better myself.  I wanted to match it's 'daring elegance' while allowing the collar to stand out, so I paired it with one of my favorite off-shoulder dresses from Wheels & Dollbaby.  Historical La Salle Bridge, build in 1928, served as the perfect classic yet dramatic mood for the setting.  The Showgirl set dazzles with 2 additional pieces that really complete the cabaret-inspired aesthetic.  The Fringe Bra and Fringe Brief are too irresistible to pass up, and the entire look is like a work of art.  I love that while the playsuit's collar can peek out, the entire look is the sexiest little secret.

Speaking of sexy secrets, I recently discovered Miss Semi Sweet... this sassy cook revives old recipes from the 40's, 50's, and 60's, and does it all while blending in her love of classic burlesque!  I absolutely love her creative vintage intros where the beauty chef often glams it up - lipstick and corset in tact, for cooking just as a pinup should!  It's also fascinating to see what kinds of dishes the average suburban lady was making in her home during these eras.  My favorite video is the grilled peanut butter & jelly... be sure to check her out.

IMG_7164
IMG_7113
IMG_7297
IMG_7127
IMG_7161
IMG_7122
IMG_7149
IMG_7235
IMG_7146
The set all together, with showgirl-inspired fringe carefully placed on each piece...





Fringe Collar (Playsuit) :: Playful Promises
Fringe Bra :: Playful Promises
Fringe Brief :: Playful Promises
Shoes :: Flirty Lingerie 

1 comment:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel