Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Spring Days || Unique Vintage 1940's Gingham Playsuit

IMG_7y461

I love watching how much the city changes from season to season, from vibrant to falling leaves to a white winter wonderland.  Among the florals, greenery, and nostalgic warmth in the spring, there's always an element of glamour to being in the city.  Living here I always want to feel polished even when I'm just walking my dog around town.  One thing I love about drawing inspiration from the past, is seeing how ladies were always so 'put together.'  Even their playsuits and swimwear were glamorous and were actual outfits - from head to toe.  This is why I absolutely adore the 1940's Gingham Playsuit from Unique Vintage.... It's matching print, crisp high-waisted shorts, and breathable 100% cotton fabric make this my ideal outfit for a hot spring or summer day.  I love that the design is sexy yet modest, and the top has built-in cups for the perfect amount support.

I paired this playsuit with a favorite new pair of heels by Poetic License.  These mule-like beauties are made of genuine leather, and are extremely comfortable even with their 3.5 inch heel.  Today's setting is a Lakeshore/Gold Coast Chicago neighborhood where the streets are lined with opulent historical apartment buildings and a luxurious view of Lake Michigan.

IMG_7375
IMG_7389
IMG_7466
IMG_7346
IMG_7430
IMG_7368
IMG_7421
IMG_7510
IMG_7533
IMG_7354
IMG_7476
IMG_73y48
Gingham Top :: Unique Vintage
Gingham Shorts :: Unique Vintage
Sunglasses :: Unique Vintage
Shoes :: Poetic License {This style is available here}
Hair Bows :: Lil' Lou Lou via Heart of Haute

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel