Monday, June 8, 2015

1930's Harlow & Fox || Silk Knickers & Pink Marabou

IMG_9205 copy copy

While I tend to favor 50's fashion styles, I've always been highly influenced by the moody glamour of the 20's and 30's... I also find myself often preferring the architecture and decor of these eras over the 50's.  I marvel at films with starlets like Jean Harlow in her iconic boudoir scenes, Myrna Loy with her elegant allure, Ginger Rogers with her talent and sass, and Irene Dunne with her femininity and operatic decadence.  I try to avoid "costume-ing" in replicating one specific old hollywood star, since they were truly one-of-a-kind and I like being the same!  So, today's shoot involved a heavy influence of key 1930's femmes with a dash of 1920's.

French knickers were popular in both the 1920's and 1930's, as briefs were not released until the 1940's.  The stunning almond beauties by Harlow & Fox inspired me to create a world delving into one of my favorite vintage time periods.  The Eleanor set of luxurious silk satin is embellished with dainty eyelash lace, and is just as comfortable as it is gorgeous.  Harlow & Fox designs exclusively for sizes 30-38 DD-G, and the entire collection is designed and made in Great Britian.  I paired my silk set with a show-stopper of a hat... the Pink Powder Puff by Vintage Box 1947!  It is made of fluffy marabou and adorned with a satin ribbon bow, accented by sparkling acrylic stones.  I loved how this feathery piece symbolized the posh femininity of powder puffs in the 1930's.

IMG_9151 copy
IMG_9407 cohpy
IMG_9172 copy copy
IMG_9200 copy
IMG_9328 copy
IMG_9347 copy
IMG_9264 copy
French Knicker :: Harlow & Fox
Brassiere :: Harlow & Fox
Powder Puff Hat :: Vintage Box 1947
Robe :: Angela Friedman
Mirror, Filigree Tray & Brush Set :: Vintage
Faux Fur Throw :: Similar

5 comments:

  1. You look so stunning as always, I love how effortless you pose and how classy you make everything look! x

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel