Friday, June 5, 2015

Corset Friday || Tying/Hiding Laces


Happy Friday!  I have received so many questions on how I tie/hide my laces so that they are nicely tucked away under my dresses, so I decided to make a little video for you!  I do not tie my own laces - it can be done, but I've found it a bit difficult to achieve the perfect smooth look on my own.  If you don't plan to tie your own laces, you might want to invite your own husband or person who usually helps to watch this video as well.  

Here is a little example of how my husband ties my corsets, and neatly tucks away the laces.  We used the Orchard Corset 426 Longline with Hip Ties in a size 20 as our example.  I highly recommend switching out your regular laces for ribbons, which you can purchase here.  We've found that they are not only easier for cinching and tucking, but they also seem to result in less bulk under my clothes.  You'll also notice that our goal is to have the corset aligned as evenly as possible.... 


 I hope this is helpful, and as always please let me know any other topics you'd like to see on Corset Friday!

Xo, 
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lovely, I am purchasing the Orchard Corset in CS 201 I was wondering if you recommend to wear anything under it to protect your skin? I am mainly wearing it to add shape to my wardrobe not to tight lace or anything. I was also wondering how do you know if your lacing to tight I want to make sure I properly train into my corset.
    Thank You!!! .💋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if this has been answered yet, but Orchard Corset has a great wealth of information on their website, and Lucy of Lucy's Corsetry on Youtube is the go-to of information over-stock. Hope this helps! <3

      Delete
  2. Perfect! thanks for this, so helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind my previous question/post. Hahaha I found my answer! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel