Monday, June 15, 2015

Daytime Chic || Lorelei at Renaissance Blackstone

IMG_9873

I recently spent a day with a friend, enjoying the city's architecture and stopping for a coffee date along the way.  The Pinup Girl Clothing Lorelei Dress was the perfect chic dress for a day in the city.  Just like Marilyn's stunning piece in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, I absolutely love how it is sleek and simple... yet with the loudest curves!  To give the clean navy shade a little pop, I added in some animal print accents.  One of our stops was Renaissance Blackstone Hotel, a Chicago landmark that dates back to a neoclassical Beaux-Arts design construction in 1909.  There was a room for presidents with hollowed out walls for the secret service, and a hidden passage behind the fireplace for the presidents to be able to escape unseen.  The remaining pieces of such grand, luxurious glamour and original Paris-inspired designs of Chicago continue to build my love for this city even more.  There is so much here to discover, a world of endless history and culture.

IMG_9989
IMG_9780 (1)
IMG_0039 (1)
IMG_9638 (1)
IMG_0073
IMG_9798
IMG_0100
IMG_0056 (1)
IMG_9661
IMG_9922
IMG_0485
IMG_9756
IMG_0097
IMG_9912
IMG_9769 copy
Dress :: Pinup Girl Clothing {other colors here}
Scarf :: Vintage
Sunglasses :: Unique Vintage

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the entire outfit! You look so beautiful and sophisticated. I'll definitely be "borrowing" this look in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is AMAZING! You are so stunning! x

    gracefullyvintagekayla.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel