Monday, July 6, 2015

Parisian Custom Cake || My Birthday with Vanille Patisserie

IMG_1534 copy

"Just like Marie Antoinette..." I felt like my own 1950's pinup version of the killer queen when talented cake designer Chandra of Vanille Patisserie presented me with my decadent custom birthday cake.  My inspiration derived partly from a visit to Laduree in Harrods of Knightsbridge for tea on  a trip to London a few years ago.  In an email to Chandra I described my desire to combine Parisian decadence, feminine pastels, and the opulence of Marie Antoinette, yet simplified.  The next step was a meeting to discuss flavors, and I was speechless at Chandra's perfect sketches encompassing my vision to perfection.  In my true sweets-obsessed fashion, I chose the rich flavor of vanilla on vanilla... pound cake, diplomat cream and buttercream with fresh strawberries sprinkled through one of it's layers, topped off with it's decorative sugary fondant.  Every element a Vanille cake is prepared meticulously by hand, and each custom cake is built from the ground up with your individual vision brought to life.  I love that Chandra not only took into account my inspiration, but she created something even further beyond my expectations... and it really made me feel like a queen!  It seemed only fitting to wear summer-appropriate pure white on my birthday.  I adorned my feminine Billion Dollar Baby Wiggle Dress with Swarovski crystals accents, delicate powder blue butterfly brooch, and dainty lace gloves.

As always, see all of my outfit details after the photos.  Set was the elegant tasting room at Vanille Patisserie in adorable Lincoln Park.  For a custom cake, signature cake, or other exquisite French pastries in Chicago, Vanille is a must!

Lincoln Park Location:
2108 N. Clark St.
or
French Market Location:
131 N. Clinton
Instagram @vanillechicago 

IMG_1395 copy copy
IMG_1432 copy
IMG_1668
IMG_1496 copy
IMG_1573 copy
IMG_1584r copy
IMG_1669
IMG_1400 copy
IMG_1621
IMG_1467 copy
IMG_1375 copyIMG_1412 copyIMG_1510 copyIMG_1675IMG_1631IMG_1619IMG_1529 copy
Custom Cake :: Vanille Patisserie
Dress :: Stop Staring from Unique Vintage
Swarovski Veil :: Niccoco Creations
Butterfly Brooch :: Jana Royale Design
Earrings :: Similar
Gloves :: Similar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel