Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Parisian Polished || Bows & Pearls at Civic Opera House

IMG_3160 copy

Constructed in 1929, the Civic Opera House stands prominently along the Chicago River and in the heart of the city.  I love that in Chicago, so much of the surrounding walkways and architecture match the classic aesthetic of the city's oldest historic buildings.  As much as modernity is thrusting it's "progressive" ideas into rapid acceleration, Chicago feels like one of the few American cities left that somewhat values it's history and attempts to preserve the all around classic feeling it imbues.  I've also heard from fellow LA & New York friends that Chicago wins the award from cleanliness!  I suppose that's one reason I feel so at home dashing around this city in my glamour-loving ensembles.

Today's feminine Parisian-inspired outfit seemed to pair perfectly with the ornate opera house and adjacent clock-adorned Canal Street.  In continuing my love affair with Miss Candyfloss, the faintly dotted Adelaide skirt is my perfect daytime piece.  This summer I've noticed I tend to reach for embellished wiggles in the evening, and colors & prints during the day.  Whenever I wear pink, I love toning it down with solid black for a chic and demure look.... here I restyled my favorite Doll Me Up top by converting the straps to criss cross in the back rather than the front.  I hope you enjoy today's photos and I'll see you back here on Friday with a new Corset post!

Bonne Journée!

IMG_2997 copy
IMG_3271 (1)
IMG_3257 copy
IMG_3004
IMG_3228 copy
IMG_3209
IMG_3220 copy
IMG_2993
IMG_3208
IMG_3032
IMG_3011 copy
IMG_2984
Skirt ::  Miss Candyfloss
Top :: Doll Me Up
Shoes :: Flirty Lingerie
Bag :: Old, but dreaming of this one!

5 comments:

  1. beautiful session
    perfect and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you look lovely. I absolutely adore this outfit; it's so flirty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel