Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pinup Swimwear Series || Pt. 2: Classic Doll

IMG_3787

Polka Dots are one of the most classic prints of all... even men used to wear dots on their neckties and ascots like Cary Grant for example, in 1955 To Catch A Thief.  In fact, they were originally used on clothing of flamenco dancers and performers in the 1800s.  This is why I find my Red Dolly dotted swimsuit to be so timeless, and perfect for my classic doll look of this series!   It's nearly impossible to walk around Chicago without seeing a piece of history, and the 1920's landmark Drake Hotel stands prominently in our Oak Street Beach background.  As you saw in my first Red Dolly feature, they carry pinup perfect one-piece suits as well as two, and all prints & patterns have a strong simplistic vintage feeling that I love.   I've highlighted the glamour pinup & classic pinup... next of my swimwear series will be coming up soon!

IMG_3776 copy
IMG_3645 copy
IMG_3793 copy
IMG_3722 copy copy
IMG_3648 copy copy
IMG_3598 copy
IMG_3775
IMG_3789
Swimsuit :: Red Dolly Swimwear
Parasol :: HLW

2 comments:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel