Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Summer Days || Fleurs & Cotton Dresses

IMG_2034

Summer is in full swing and my sun-drenched days are filled with light cotton frocks, shopping at farmer's markets, and fleur-strewn gardens and gazebos... right in the middle of our beautiful city.  Originally known for their adorable aprons, The Domestic Dame recently launched a line of dresses and I love how every collection matches their "domesticated" aesthetic.  Each piece will turn us vintage-loving ladies into the glamorous 1950's housewifely pinup next door...  Today's Penelope Dress features a strapless, boned bodice with darts at the bust & waist for support and a perfect fit.  It also boasts of tiny pockets for stashing our lipsticks and compacts!  My hand wired Ceci Punch Crystal Cherry Drop earrings are crafted from vintage glass beads, and paired perfectly with my Penelope.

My husband and I were just talking about how we love being seasonally appropriate, and life feels so complete with each bringing new activities and a completely different kind of beauty.  I revel in glamour in the winter... coats and stoles, glitz and sparkle, long leather gloves, and dashing through a snowy city for cocktails in cozy historic speakeasies and bars.  During summer I revel in discoveries... I've spent this spring and summer in cotton dresses & playsuits, and in awe of the endless gardens & secrets this city has to offer.  Another joy is how fun it is to walk everywhere in the city... and in my Domestic Dame dress of course!

Carpe Diem!

IMG_1743
IMG_19u51
IMG_1889

IMG_1855
IMG_1832
IMG_1933
IMG_2019
IMG_2061
IMG_1738
IMG_2008
IMG_1984
IMG_1789
IMG_2038
IMG_1726
Earrings :: Ceci Punch
Sunglasses :: Unique Vintage
Shoes :: Similar here & here + Dreaming of these
These

3 comments:

  1. So so beautiful! I adore this dress on you! x

    http://gracefullyvintagekayla.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful summer time look.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beuatuful
    gafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel