Monday, July 27, 2015

1950's White Eyelet || UV Vintage Originals Shop

IMG_3392 copy

While I love the quality of many real vintage items, the battle of thrifting and searching can require a lot of patience.  Not only this, but finding items in good shape are very important for garments as you don't want to look like you just stepped out of a thrift store. (or smell like it!)  Taking the time to mend and clean your new pieces without destroying them can be a challenge.  Well, I couldn't be more excited to share that Unique Vintage recently launched a selection of original pieces in their new true vintage shop!  It was clear to see that UV only selects pieces that are either in pristine condition or only slightly worn, as I discovered upon receiving my gorgeous vintage 1950's eyelet day dress.  I was also overjoyed to find that it fit me like a glove, without any alterations.  I think this is largely due to the fact that vintage styles were consistently made with the hourglass in mind, as ladies always wore their corsets or shape wear.  I added my own vintage nylon scarf with a pearl brooch & white crinoline for volume, and loved how the authentic 50's look seemed complete.  As the eyelet is slightly see-through, my nude corset + brassiere kept everything looking sleek.  I'm also excited to try different vintage lingerie such as standout black bullet bra, corset and knickers for a more creative look!

Do yourself a favor and head over to Unique Vintage's new real vintage shop and just look at the beauty there... but I'll be jealous if you snag some of my favorites!

IMG_3428 copy
IMG_3510
IMG_3381 copy
IMG_3524 copy
IMG_3586y copy
IMG_3547 copy copy
IMG_3505 copy
IMG_3515
IMG_3511
IMG_3425
Dress :: Authentic Vintage from Unique Vintage
Bag :: Old but love this, & dreaming of this 
Scarf :: Vintage
Shoes :: Similar
Sunglasses :: Dolce & Gabbana 

4 comments:

  1. Simple and beautiful. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look incredible, this outfit makes me think of something Grace Kelly or Betty Draper might wear around town!
    Your little friend is adorable too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress, I love the black & white photos.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought one of their vintage dresses! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel