Monday, August 10, 2015

Poodles, Pom Poms, & Puffs || UV Vintage Original Striped Dress

IMG_4770 copy

I recently introduced you to UV's amazing Vintage Shoppe with the most perfect eyelet shirt dress, and today I'm featuring another gem of a frock!  This original 1950's garment boasts an authentic feminine boatneck top, chic vertical stripes, and a gorgeous stand-out tie detail on the bodice.  Midcentury fashion so often showcased crisp silhouettes with a unique component like this, which was the icing on the cake for me!  I had to have this utterly polished treasure.  The inner workings actually show real individual machine work - a true sign that fashion was not as much dominated by factories and mass production in those days.

I styled today's vintage look with my true vintage wood box bag, accented by decoupaged painted poodles!  In the 40's and 50's, it was common to matchy match patterns and colors - something that I love, and it completely defies modern trends... as classic styles so often do. :)  So, what would a chic striped vintage dress be without a pom pom veiled striped hat to match?  As always, see the rest of the outfit details after the photos.

A dopo! 

IMG_4739 copy
IMG_4933 (1)
IMG_4909 copy copy copy
IMG_4768 copy
IMG_4755 copy
IMG_4893 (1) copy copy
IMG_4755h copy
IMG_5037 copy
IMG_4713 copy
Dress :: Unique Vintage Originals Shoppe
Bag :: Vintage
Shoes :: Unique Vintage
Gloves :: Light in the Box

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, I adore this whole look, such beautiful images. I think I need a poodle purse, as my dog would highly approve of it! Hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks lovely on you and I love that you added heels. Such a pretty outfit!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress - and you look fabulous in it. Love the styling on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! you look perfect! I love the poodle bag so much it's to die for, and that dress is so great!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel