Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Billowing Noir || Unique Vintage Satin & Chiffon Dovima Dress

IMG_7394 copy

The epitome of glamour... that's the Dovima Dress by Unique Vintage.  Every lady needs a frock that billows through the streets and this noir satin/chiffon beauty does just that, but in the most refined and elegant way.  The Dovima features a gorgeous extra long tea length hemline, structured pleats, boned bodice, crystal brooch adornment, and sleek halter straps.  To match her opulence, I added my own 1940's vintage Josef velvet box clutch, matching velvet UV heels, and satin opera gloves.  Appropriately, circling behind me in every corner... is Chicago's intricate history.  Adorned of extensive gold leaf, the 1929-built Carbide and Carbon Building's shape and glitz was constructed resembling that of a dazzling champagne bottle - my kind of architecture!

The Dovima is offered in 2 beautiful colors, and defies modernity's embrace of a casual world.  She celebrates the glamour of past eras which I crave so much... a gem for pinups and old souls like me!

IMG_7305 copy
IMG_7327 copy copy
IMG_7359 copy copy
IMG_7528 copy
IMG_7502 copy
IMG_7304 copy copy
IMG_7523 copy
IMG_7477 copy
IMG_7396 copy
IMG_7352
IMG_7326 copy copy
IMG_7539 copy
IMG_7520 copy
IMG_7398 scopy
Dress :: Unique Vintage
Shoes :: Unique Vintage
Clutch :: Vintage 
Earrings :: Similar

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love your blog. I found it while searching for little black dresses. I have used 5 pictures from 4 different posts all black dresses. I linked them back to your blog. My blog www.thatblackchic.com Thanks for sharing your awesome style! -Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel