Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dollhouse || Pink Dita Bardot Dress

IMG_9774 copy copy

As we walked along the charming brick sidewalks of Lincoln Park, the perfume of flowers from gardens behind picket fences filled the air.  Many Chicago's neighborhoods aren't your typical modern suburbia... antique homes and streets are protected by the historic district, and residents tend to preserve this beautiful classic aesthetic.  These areas remind me of my days living in Rome, where cobblestone streets are all picture-perfect and flowers & ivy spill over each abode.  I almost felt like a doll in her dollhouse among picket fences and pastel-coloured homes!

Matching this charm and beauty, is the ultimate femme frock by The Pretty Dress Company.  Dita Bardot boasts subtle sensuality with an hourglass-enhancing stretch woven fabric, highlighted by a stunning french satin off-shoulder neckline.  Vintage shoulder bows top it off, and I adore it's soft dusky pink shade.  UK-based The Pretty Dress Company's femininity and classic silhouettes couldn't align more perfectly with my own aesthetic.  I love that their dresses are simple yet with striking details, and heavily inspired by the glamour of the 1940's and 1950's.

Ciao... off to get pane & fiori!

IMG_9886 copy
IMG_9781 copy ecopy
IMG_9857 copy
IMG_9850 copy copy copy copy
IMG_9848 copy
IMG_9791 copy copy
IMG_9832 copy copy
IMG_9730 copy
IMG_9875 copy copy
IMG_9816 copy
IMG_9813 copy copy
IMG_9777 copyk copy
IMG_9803 copy copy copy
IMG_9878 copy copy
IMG_9717 copy
IMG_9783 copy copy
Belt :: Similar
Bag :: Vintage Josef
Earrings :: Oasap

4 comments:

  1. Very lovely! I die over those shoes. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing hairstyle, it is really perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning dress, I love that you found the beautiful house with the picket fence to take photos with - so perfect with this dress!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel