Friday, October 23, 2015

Historic Meatpacking District || Mint Green Halter Dress

IMG_1669 copy

My family's visit this month brought us to West Loop, where many of our favorite Chicago restaurants are.  While waiting for a table, we did a little exploring through the historic meatpacking district just around the corner.  This was actually the center for the world's meatpacking industry up until the 1920's and established as far back as the Civil War era in the 1800's!  It's early industrial beginnings were apparent everywhere, and my 50's day dress seemed so appropriate among this vintage blue collar area.  I had actually been wanting to wear it again all summer, and just when I thought I had missed my chance, we had a 75 degree day among our brisk Fall October days.  So I jumped at the opportunity to don this bright halter frock one more time.

Have a lovely weekend, and stay tuned for my 3-part Halloween-inspired series next week!

IMG_1674
IMG_1583 copy copy
IMG_1614
IMG_1667
IMG_1575 copy
Sunglasses :: Marilyn Monroe Eyewear
Shoes :: Similar
Nude Fishnets :: Carpezio

4 comments:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel