Monday, October 19, 2015

Tearose || Decadence at the Drake

IMG_1466 copy

Previously a Potter Palmer estate, The Drake Hotel was acquired by Mr. Drake in 1916!  Potter Palmer, born in 1826, is accredited most development of the opulent real estate on both State Street and Lakeshore Drive... much of which still remains.  The Drake is situated in swanky Gold Coast, a fashionable residential spot now for decades, and is actually still known for it's decadent high tea experience.

Appropriately paired, I donned my Tearose Bustiere by Jools Couture for a day of soaking in this glamorous setting.  She's delicate and feminine, yet with a head-turning bombshell silhouette.  As a vintage style couture designer, I can't stress enough the importance of a bustiere's inner construction - boning is absolutely essential.  Tearose is nicely structured with boned cups and a fitted stretch bodice.  I'm sure you'll see my return to the Drake again soon as I'm planning to book a holiday high tea date again for my favorite time of year, in the crisp cold magical month of December!

IMG_1487 copy
IMG_1463 scopy
IMG_1485
IMG_1473
IMG_1470
IMG_1469
IMG_1455 copy copy
Bustiere :: Jools Couture
Skirt :: Unique Vintage
Shoes :: Kate Spade {Sold out but similar here}
Fishnets with backseams :: Carpezio
Earrings :: Old but love these 

3 comments:

  1. I can never think what to say in a comment because you are so extraordinarily exquisite in every post. But is this the chicest of chic? Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only every woman understood the importance of enhancing and emphasising her figure. I think "exquisite" just about does it for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this dress, simplicity at its best! I love all the lines created in it, like the ruffles and the hip line - all the shapes are emphasized due to its minimalist design! Great idea to also wear earrings and a gold bangle because the neck has to be exposed in this outfit.

    www.oliveyew.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel