Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Rookery || {Black Dress Series, Part 2}

IMG_2919 copy copy copy copy

Chicago's historic architecture often feels as dark and sinister as it's seasonal moody weather, and our visit to the 1886 Rookery was in fact a cloudy, and rainy October day.  While the Rookery showcases a famous innovative "Light Court" perfect for experiencing on a bright sunny day, my attention on this Halloween month was directed toward it's iconic decorative semi-circular staircase.  Each wall carving is it's own work of art, and peering down the stairs reveals another artistic view... a winding pattern that took my breath away.

For Part 2 of my Black Dress series, my Jools Couture Eyelash Corsette Frock from their Bombshell line seemed to play against the lines and curves of the Rookery beautifully.  With a cinched silhouette of noir sateen, dainty lace, and a luxe velvet bow, this dress is a striking match for the exquisite architectural design.  I paired it with a sleek pageboy hairstyle and Swarovski-strewn Rachel Veil {named after me!} by Niccoco Creations.

Period ornamentation, Art Deco detailing, and Roman Revival & Queen Anne styles are just some of the other intricate aspects of the Rookery's brilliant construction.  Cast iron columns, wrought iron spandrel beams, and masonry load-bearing walls make this landmark structure extremely unique.  Discovering the endless preservation of old Chicago is one of my favorite things to do, and I plan to share much more with you alongside my vintage glamour-loving style.  Stay tuned for Friday's final Halloween-inspired post of my series!

IMG_2938
IMG_2944 copy
IMG_3012 copy
IMG_3018
IMG_3033
IMG_2968 copy
IMG_2979 copy
IMG_2991
IMG_3024
IMG_3019
IMG_3009 copy
IMG_3014
IMG_3015
IMG_2951 copy copy
Dress :: Jools Couture
Heels :: Unique Vintage
Rose Earrings :: Oasap

2 comments:

  1. You are literally gorgeous=))


    arcticraspberry.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the first picture especially!

    www.mrsfranzos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel