Monday, November 9, 2015

A Day at the Salon || Marianne Strokirk Oak Street

IMG_4273

If there's one element to the pinup style that seems to be of universal importance, it is to stay polished and groomed.  Particularly, we vintage lovers are often fanatic about our hair!  While unkept roots may be trendy in some modern circles, I have always found my frequent blonde touch-ups to be of the utmost importance.  This is why finding the right salon is crucial, and this really goes for any girl who loves beauty and style.  A great salon can feel almost like a 2nd home, yet with the perks of being pampered and feeling like a queen for a day... and this is exactly how I felt the moment I walked into Marianne Stokirk Salon.  My welcome was warm and inviting, while remaining just the relaxing and professional atmosphere that I crave at a salon.

I had recently been searching for a stylist to give me the perfect platinum shade, and Mimi surpassed every expectation I've ever had for colorists.  Not only is she fun, personable, and highly skilled, but she really listened to me and made it her mission to find out exactly what I was looking for.  She uses her years of knowledge to guide her clients, but toward the direction that is personalized for their individual personality and tastes.  Mimi delivered the most perfect bright Marilyn-like platinum of my dreams, and I'm proud to say I've found a new home in her care.  I highly highly recommend her, to anyone looking for impeccable color and all around amazing salon experience.

The same can be said for skilled stylist Gia Tovar, who's impressive portfolio includes New York Fashion Week where she styled hair for renowned designer Reem Acra.  Just like Mimi, Gia really takes an interest in her clients.  She made me feel like royalty... having a blowout & style with her feels like luxury.  After a mini consultation, we decided on "Old Hollywood waves with a modern take" and I loved the result.

I have been to quite a few salons in Chicago, and absolutely none compare to Marianne Stokirk.  It is truly a hidden gem, and even the prices are extremely reasonable - especially considering their top quality service and highest level of professionalism.  With the holidays around the corner, be sure to book your next appointment in plenty of time... you won't be disappointed!

Follow on Instagram:

Marianne Strokirk Salon

Salon Information:

Marianne Strokirk Salon
41 East Oak Street
Chicago, Il 60611
(312) 640-0101

IMG_4188
IMG_4237
IMG_4278
11931193_1640078199593203_526312401_n
IMG_4231
IMG_4281
IMG_4260
IMG_2014


1 comment:

  1. These shoes are gorgeous! Love them!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel