Monday, November 30, 2015

Fishtail Gown || The Pretty Dress Holiday Series Part 2

IMG_7317

The holiday dazzle continues, beauties!  This time of year is perfect for all the high glamour that I love, with festive soirees and dressy dinners reminiscent of the days when everyone "dressed" just for an evening out.  Particularly the 1930's and early 1940's ... I dream of a time when women wore gowns for an evening at dance halls and swanky clubs, and men were always in tails.  This was not reserved for weddings or fancy occasions, it was a common occurrence simply for dinner any day of the week.  This nostalgia is just what the Fatale Black Fishtail Gown brings in modernity... an elegant, striking dress which highlights the classic feminine silhouette of the golden era.  I absolutely love how it softly skims the figure, draping each curve with subtle sensuality and sophistication.  So, Part 2 of my Pretty Dress Company holiday series encompasses the utmost glamour of the season, and the ultimate classic femme fatale piece.

So many of you have expressed how much you love my posts incorporating Chicago's historic architecture.  Not only do endless landmarks still exist all over Chicago, but their opulent aesthetic couldn't match my vintage vision more perfectly.  So today's set belongs to one of the most exquisite pieces of yesteryear, the original Chicago Library and reception venue where the mayor welcomed royalty, diplomats and presidents. (today, Chicago Cultural Center)  It was built in 1897 in the Neoclassical style, and it's ornate details still exist - one of the most exquisite Chicago buildings I've seen.  Knoxville pink marble, bronze-framed doors, vaulted lobby with walls of white carrara marble and mosaics, medallions of green marble from Ireland, intricate mosaics of Favrile glass, stone and mother of pearl decorate this stunning and grand landmark.  Two stained glass domes remain, with the first in the Grand Army of the Republic rotunda and the Tiffany Dome atop the Grand Staircase.

Tomorrow is December 1st, let's begin the most magical month of the year with all the allure of sirens and starlets of old...  Much more to come for my Pretty Dress Company Holiday Series!

IMG_7323
IMG_7344
IMG_7392
IMG_7293
IMG_7391
IMG_7386
IMG_7311
IMG_7325
IMG_7256
IMG_7385
IMG_7381
IMG_7308
IMG_7271
IMG_7356
IMG_7388
IMG_7266
IMG_7260
IMG_7254
IMG_7383
IMG_7341
IMG_7273 copy
Bag :: Vintage
Pearls :: Vintage & love this necklace too

Also, some Cyber Monday shopping deals I love:
Nordstrom - Savings of up to 50% off select top brands + Free shipping and returns
ASOS - 50% off everything with code: BLESSED
H&M - Up to 30% off and free shipping + 40% off sale items

4 comments:

  1. What a gown ! I love it , you look marvelous my dear !
    xxx

    Lorna
    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly stunning! My husband and I regularly dress up for dinner at home on a Friday night, it makes it an event. Besides, I have lots of evening gowns that would otherwise be neglected in the back of the wardrobe.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask, what kind of undergarments are you wearing with this dress? I'm going to buy this for a black tie wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel