Friday, November 6, 2015

Holiday Red || Ascot Swing Dress at Burnham Hotel

IMG_4038 copy

As the holidays are upon us, I've been giddy seeing cheerful shop displays begin to pop up around the city.  I've lived in all different settings, and found there's just something extra magical about city life especially this time of year.  On a morning drenched in golden autumn sunlight, we ventured out to explore another Chicago Landmark located in the Loop Retail Historic District.  Burnham Hotel is housed in the Reliance Building, built in 1895.  Upon walking inside the lobby, there's a special feeling and mood to it's swanky ambience... and I fell in love with the ornate gates covering the antique elevators.

To match this sumptuous historic atmosphere, my Ascot Red Classic Swing Dress from The Pretty Dress Company paired like a dream.  I immediately envisioned the likes of Grace or Marilyn in this feminine 50's cherry red frock.  The elegant shoulder bows can be worn up or off-shoulder as I've styled it today, and there is even a waist-cinching panel detailed in the design.  A pinup cannot go wrong with classic red, it just seems to pair so perfectly with the festive seasons of Fall and Winter!

IMG_4090 copy
IMG_4120
IMG_4053
IMG_3960 copy copy
IMG_3992
IMG_4036
IMG_4108
IMG_4104
IMG_4073 copy
IMG_4152
IMG_3970 copy
IMG_4040
IMG_4117 (1)
IMG_4102
IMG_4024
IMG_3983 copy
IMG_40z42
IMG_4056 copy copy
Pearls :: Vintage, but similar here & here
Brooch :: Similar
Belt :: Similar
Shoes :: Unique Vintage


5 comments:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel