Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Town || Winter Knits in Historic Lincoln Park



Walking through the historic district of Lincoln Park always feels a bit like stepping back in time, or even into a picture perfect drawing.  The quaint craftsman homes of this neighborhood date as far back as the late 1800's, and it's even more special that local home-owners keep their lawns and trimmings appropriate to the classic feeling of it's history.  As a matter of fact, they aren't allowed to change too much being this area is protected by the preservation board.  Even the brick sidewalks display obvious remnants of their rich past!

For this charming neighborhood walk, I wore an equally charming true vintage original from Unique Vintage.  This 1950's treasure is made of luxurious knit and crafted with a waist band for the ever-present cinching effect of the time.  I would highly recommend frequent visits to the UV Vintage Shop, as their hand-picked gems are always in great condition and selections continually rotate as pieces are sold!  For my winter white outfit, I added my favorite matching knit pillbox hat by White Purls and some dainty gold & lucite heels by Bettie Page.

"What's this? There's color everywhere. What's this? There's white things in the air.... What's this? They're hanging mistletoe, they kiss. What that looks so unique, inspired.  They're gathering around to hear a story, roasting chestnuts on a fire."











Earrings :: Unique Vintage
Gloves :: Unique Vintage
Shoes :: Bettie Page Shoes - Available here
Pillbox Hat :: White Purls
Stockings :: Nordstrom

1 comment:

  1. I’m obsessed with your dress - so pretty and unique! I love the accessories you chose too. You look amazing.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel