Monday, December 21, 2015

Glamour Travel || Monte Carlo Dress at Union Station



"There's gonna be a certain party at the station, satin and lace I used to call funny face. She's gonna cry until I tell her that I'll never roam. So Chattanooga choo choo, won't you choo-choo me home..."

Today, it's velvet at the station, as we continue my Pretty Dress Company holiday series!  I'm starting off this Christmas week with lush velvet, and the Monte Carlo Pencil Dress is the epitome of luxury and striking elegance.  This neckline is one of my absolute favorites, and reminds me of the wiggle Jayne Mansfield wore in "The Girl Can't Help It."  I paired it with matching velvet accents, resulting in one ultra glamorous train travel ensemble!

I also wanted my styling to reflect the peak of our historic location today, Union Station during 1940's war time.  1913 began famed Daniel Burnham's plans in constructing this grand Beaux-Arts railway hub, and was finally complete in 1923.   I love that large wooden benches are still placed in the "Great Hall" just as they were in days gone by, and I was happy to see dazzling holiday decor among it's antiquated corinthian columns and vaulted skylight.   Even the exterior lights were illuminating enormous columns of bright red and green!

Wishing you all the happiest start to this festive week, and stay tuned for more Pretty Dress as the celebrations continue... 

Avec Amour Xx


{Chicago Union Station in 1943, during World War II - The vaulted skylight was covered during this time, ironically coinciding with the dark days of war}











Outfit Details:

The Pretty Dress Company Monte Carlo Black Velvet Pencil Dress
Vintage Velvet Handbag
Deviously Sweet Designs Red Bow Veil
Starlet Fever Clothing Vintage Crystal Brooch
Milli Star Striped Hat Box
Unique Vintage Velvet Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel