Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Holiday Sparkle || The Marilyn by Marilyn Eyewear

IMG_7800

Hello everyone!  I just returned from a week long trip to Seattle to visit my mom for the holidays, and what a fun trip it was.  I had the honor of collaborating with my favorite sunglasses brand, Marilyn Eyewear, for an instagram takeover during a day trip to the city.  The day was filled with Marilyn nostalgia, holiday sparkle, and lots of vintage glamour… perfect pairing for my Swarovski-strewn Marilyn sunglasses.  As you'll see in photos, I've already been wearing these frames around Chicago and I can't get enough... they're classic, glamorous and sassy all in one.  I also love how versatile they are year round - they add some shimmer to the summer sun and beach days, and a lot of dazzle to the holiday glimmer of winter.

The Marilyn Sunglass is a limited edition piece.  In homage of Marilyn Monroe’s birth year (June 1, 1926) the 926 piece collection is numbered for true authenticity.  Not only do these beauties dazzle with crystals, but they illuminate with the spirit of giving.  Allure Eyewear will donate 100% of profits from this sunglass to Hollygrove, the orphanage where Marilyn Monroe lived as a child and is now a FamiliesFirst EMQ agency dedicated to helping children in crisis. 

From Chicago to Seattle, the Marilyn's seriously never leave my side.  They might be my favorite pair of all time!  If you love them as much as I do, be sure to follow Marilyn Eyewear:

Instagram :: @MarilynMonroe
#MarilynEyewear
EMQ Agency - @emqff
(Red Hooded Coat is CollectifSolid Black Coat is Unique Vintage)

IMG_7627 copy
IMG_7815
IMG_7583 copy
IMG_7799
IMG_7752 copy copy
IMG_7825

And my trip to Seattle!  We had lunch and champagne at the glamorous Georgian Room at historic Fairmont/Olympic Hotel.  The hotel was built in 1923, and dining there truly felt like stepping back in time.

IMG_4220
IMG_4303
IMG_4329
IMG_4275
IMG_4205
IMG_4307
IMG_4226
IMG_4301

Always searching for history, I was sure to stop by another iconic Seattle hotel - Mayflower Park, built in 1927.  With terra cotta detailing and original stained glass windows, I fell in love with this piece of yesteryear as well. We had Manhattans in Oliver Lounge, a perfect corner spot to duck in from the Seattle rain.

IMG_4246
IMG_4289
IMG_4253
IMG_4225
IMG_4274

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel