Friday, December 11, 2015

Palmer House || The Pretty Dress Holiday Series Part 4



I can't believe Christmas is only 2 weeks away!  Today is the fourth of my Pretty Dress Company holiday series, and this is one of my favorites... the Fatale Embroidered Pencil Dress.  This original design has the stunning red rose embroidery you might remember on the swing dress version I introduced to you a few weeks ago, yet with an elegant pencil silhouette instead.  I'm in love with it's classic 1950's style, and it's impressive quality and luxury.  If I could only wear one holiday dress this season, I believe this would be the one!

Speaking of luxury, today's setting is one of my favorite places in Chicago - historic Palmer House.  It's origins are filled with romance, decadence and glamour.  In the 1800's, Chicago magnate Potter Palmer built the Palmer House as an extravagant wedding gift for his bride Bertha.  Bertha began decorating with paintings and other pieces inspired by her French heritage, eventually acquiring the largest collection of impressionist art outside of France.  As if the garnet-draped chandeliers and Louis Comfort Tiffany masterpieces weren't enough, the ceiling was bedecked with a breathtaking fresco by French painter Louis Pierre Rigal.  By the turn of the century and into the 1930's, the Palmer House became a lively social center with visitors such as Charles Dickens, Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, and Liberace to name a few.  Today it is of course a national historic landmark, and like so many beautiful buildings in Chicago, it is protected by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.  Thankfully!  There's still so much to come as we revel in the glamour of the holidays!  In the meantime, see the entire Pretty Dress Company Immodesty Blaize Edit here...

Also a special welcome to my newest sidebar sponsor, Vivien of Holloway!  As an introduction, Vivien is offering a 20% discount exclusively to my readers!  Use code XmasChic15 until January 11th... Happy Shopping!

















Bag :: Vintage 
Stole :: Amazon
Hair Accessory :: Vintage Box 1947
Shoes :: Unique Vintage

3 comments:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel