Wednesday, January 6, 2016

1940's Dakota || Cobalt & Pearls at Board of Trade



Winter is in full swing here in Chicago and long sleeves are not only necessary, but one of my favorite dress styles!  For a day of errands near the 1930 Art Deco landmark Board of Trade Building, I felt like a 1940's bombshell wearing Dakota in cobalt by The Pretty Dress Company.  Dakota's design is chic, sophisticated, classic, and flattering.  This is easily one of my favorite dresses - it's one of the those pieces that I know I'll reach for again and again... and is actually now on sale!

I added white pearl details to enhance the feminine "put together" feeling to this vintage-inspired beauty, including a pearl brooch at Dakota's ruched neckline detail.  These faux fur stoles have been my staple accessories this winter as you couldn't have failed to notice.  They're extremely warm and beyond reasonably priced - not to mention so very glamorous.

Be sure to visit The Pretty Dress Company for all Dakota colors and styles here!

Avec Amour xx












Outfit Details:

Dakota Cobalt Dress by The Pretty Dress Company
Pearl Pillbox by White Purls
White Gloves by Unique Vintage
Cobalt Heels - Old, but I love these!

2 comments:

  1. You were right to feel like a bombshell - this colour is amazing on you (as is the fit of course, but that's a given with you!!) Happy New Year! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing as always, you have such incredible poise and grace. I adore that hat and the fur stole!

    http://www.deco-darling.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel