Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Velvet on Velvet || The Library Speakeasy at Gilt Bar



Tufted red velvet booths, antique books, vintage crystal glassware, a shimmering gold cash register, sophisticated ambience... and this is just the decor!  Brendan Sodikoff, Chicago's brilliant restaurant mastermind, created a sexy dim-lit underground speakeasy titled The Library below his wildly successful Gilt Bar.  Evoking a strong sense of the glamour of days gone by, you can imagine how 'at home' I felt among this swanky, sultry setting.

For sipping manhattans in antique crystal coupes on tufted red velvet, I couldn't envision a more perfect frock than my Pretty Dress Company Magenta Fatale Dress.  I paired it with gold accents, with my Tuesdai Noelle handmade clutch as the star accessory.

Among this luxurious atmosphere, classic craft cocktails are served in real crystal glassware and Gilt's food menu is also offered.  If you are a Chicago local, you couldn't have failed to have heard of Brendan Sodikoff's culinary success, like the nationally famed Au Cheval burger.  I have yet to taste a dish from his independent Hogsalt restaurants that I didn't end up craving for months to come, and The Library was no different.  As I know many of my glamour-loving followers can relate, dining in the privacy of this cozy speakeasy is just type of experience that I love when going out.  In a world of casual and loud, The Library is a breath of fresh air for those that crave a bit of an elevated experience.

The Library at Gilt Bar
230 W Kinzie St.
(312) 464-9544






















4 comments:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel