Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Bumper Bangs || Betty Grable Horseshoe Roll



Betty Grable, a queen among 1940's pinups, and my inspiration for today's post!  She might as well be the queen of hairdo's as well, as she's known for her polished victory rolls, poodle updo's, and of course, bumper bangs.  In particular, I was inspired by her "horseshoe roll" bumper bang, which made the perfect choice for a windy yet Spring-like neighborhood stroll.  For a little feminine flounce, I wore my new everyday favorite piece, the cherry red Fishtail Skirt from Unique Vintage.

Lincoln Park consists of miles and miles of historic homes, many that were built in the 1800's and protected by the preservation of the NRHP.  It is like stepping back in time, and what is even more amazing, is this district is still within the city and only 5 minutes from Chicago's main shopping area of Michigan Ave and Oak Street.  A pinup must be close to great shopping! ;)

Outfit Details:

Hair Flower - Similar
Tara Starlet Floral Halter Top
Unique Vintage Fishtail Skirt
Unique Vintage Red Satin Heels
Vintage Gold and Pearl Ring











6 comments:

  1. What a lovely area, I fancy a stroll around there myself! Perfect backdrop for these photos too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning backdrop for blog photos, love the bumper bangs too, so stylish! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond beautiful! I love your heels - they look perfect with your outfit.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you just have this way of taking simple garments and making them AMAZING. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! You look stunning! And the bangs are fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel