Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Timeless Glamour || Lulu's Vintage Chicago



Vintage lovers know the value of a true original.  With my experience in the world of couture, I can hardly contain my excitement when witnessing first hand a piece of construction from the old world methods.  Upper class ladies often had dresses made couture at an atelier, but even the Ready To Wear pieces were produced in US factories with an abundance of trained handwork still done.  The level of quality, care and intricacy in the making of garments once held a much higher standard, and this is the very reason our passions led us to our sartorial studies in Rome.

Lulu's Vintage is like a candy store for any lover of true quality and the fashions of yesteryear.  I could have spent all day in this chic setting, surrounded by authentic vintage glamour at every turn.  Not only are there rows and rows of gowns, cocktail dresses and wedding dresses, but Lulu's also carries accessories such as furs, jewelry, hats, handbags - and some of the most beautiful pieces I've ever seen, I might add!  Everything in the shop is authentic vintage, from the 1920's - 1980's.

Today I'm excited to share a true vintage outfit from Lulu's Vintage, with a dramatic 1950's gown, matching beaded evening handbag, elegant fan comb hair accessory, and bold chandelier drop earrings.  To match an outfit of opulence, the grand stairs with iconic bronze lion statues at 1893-built Art Institute, serve as our setting.

If you live in Chicago, I highly recommend a visit to Lulu's Vintage for one dreamy shopping experience.  If you are not located in Chicago, do not fret... they offer online shopping as well!
900 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago














No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel