Monday, April 4, 2016

Railway 1950's || Ice Blue Dakota Dress



It's vacation season, and we're back at the railway for a step back into the heart of America's romantic history of travel.  Chicago was once the railroad center for the United States, and today we're actually on the site of pre-1893 Illinois Central Railroad Great Central Station.  The decade is 1950's, and my travel accessories include a vintage spring embroidered wicker handbag with 1950's cream Samsonite luggage!  Founded in 1910 as the Shwayder Trunk Manufacturing Company, the company began using the trademark Samsonite in 1941, a name drawn from the Biblical strongman figure Samson.

The right amount of give is key for a day of traveling, and I knew just the frock for the occasion.  My favorite everyday winter dress has become my favorite spring go-to as well, the elegant Dakota design by The Pretty Dress Company.  Dakota's stretch French crepe fabric is shockingly comfortable and mobile, so she is perfect for staying polished on a day of railway roving.  This sophisticated style has fresh new colorful updates and shorter sleeves for the warmer months, so I'm keeping cool with ice blue for a day on the rails!

For Dakota's polished nature, she pairs beautifully with classic travel accessories.  My styling is sure to include a cardigan, sparkling brooch, dainty gloves, cat-eye sunglasses, and a matching powder blue head scarf to keep the updo in place.

Avec Amour,
Rachel x♥x

Outfit Details:

The Pretty Dress Company Dakota Dress in Ice Blue
Vintage shoes, wicker bag, luggage, scarf
Cardigan - Similar here & here
Sunglasses - Old, but love these, these & these
















1 comment:

  1. I really love that shade of blue, looks so lovely on you! I just adore your blog photos! xo

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel