Monday, June 6, 2016

Gingham and Goats || Farm with Pretty Dress Co.



Balmy days may not inspire decked out glitz as much as fall and winter, but it is a fun time for prints, cotton, and easy updo's.  Thankfully, The Pretty Dress Company provides for the glamour girl in every season, even for a day at the farm!  My signature style "Fatale" happens to have a version with my favorite warm weather print, gingham.  Being one to overdress, I absolutely love the combination of comfortable cotton with a classic old hollywood elegance.  This beauty could go from farm frolics to decadent drinks, all in a summer's day!

Speaking of farm frolics, you may be surprised to learn that the country life runs in my veins, with today's 40's/50's nostalgia being more than appropriate to my history.  We spent this warm day at Chicago's Farm at the Zoo, visiting the shetland & pinto ponies, goats, European rabbits, piglets, and Holstein cows.  I'm always filled with joy and reminiscence in a setting of barns, hay and farmstead fluffs.  If you're curious about my family past in la campagna, stay tuned as I'll be sharing more soon!

Avec Amour,
Rachel x♥x

The Pretty Dress Company
 fatale gingham dress // full skirt version // navy full skirt 
vintage accessories
Marilyn Monroe sunglasses


















2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for a shoot - though that goat was trying to upstage you for sure! Love the gingham, it does always remind me of the country too, maybe that's why I like it so much. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are always so beautiful, love the location and your dress! xo

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel