Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Railway Nostalgia {Day 1} || Cornflower Blue & Rose Hues



Hello from the Pacific Northwest!  You might have caught my updates from the railway on social media, as we embarked on a fun nostalgic journey via the Old American Railroads!  We traveled through Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho and finally here to Washington State.  Views from the train were absolutely breathtaking, and we learned so much about the history of our country.  Our trip has only just begun so follow along as I share my style, glamour, history and beautiful things I see throughout my stay.   

Since Day 1 began at home, I took full advantage to start the journey with glamour.  Thankfully the Hollywood Cornflower Pencil Dress from Pretty Dress Company could not have been more perfect for staying stylish and comfortable at the same time.  The train cars are known to be a bit cool with air conditioning, so she kept me quite warm with her chic high neckline and mid 3/4 sleeves.  I also love the diagonal open pleat, but my favorite details are the adorable bows on each sleeve… such a simple statement of femininity.  I styled miss Hollywood with rose-colored pinks, and the perfect swarovski strewn sunglass by Marilyn eyewear completed the look.  In fact, my Marilyns are the eyewear of the trip, so stay tuned for this and much more!

Most importantly, this trip is to commemorate my father who passed away this very month last year.  June will forever be a bittersweet month, as it is the anniversary of his birth, his death, and father’s day.  Instead of dwelling on sadness, my family decided to make this month a joyful, fun, and celebratory remembrance.  Thank you all for letting me share some of my personal life hardships with you, your support especially from this time last year will always stay with me. ♥

Xoxo,
Rachel










2 comments:

  1. Spectacular pictures and what an adventure ! Its a great way to see your country.
    I have not been on a railroad in years.
    You look stunning in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is amazing! I just love the dress and the gloves, and the bracelet! Super lovely ;)
    http://thewonderfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel