Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Patio Brunch || Summer with Pomp & Circumstance



In the setting of Chicago's historic Old Town, today I'm taking you back to one of my favorite restaurants, Pomp & Circumstance, for the most delightful Sunday brunch experience.  Although we've had what seems like a record-breaking humid summer, Eric and I couldn't resist the draw of such a charming, inviting, floral-drenched patio.  Austin, our amazing server, tempted me with a flavorful list of mimosa options including strawberry, grapefruit, peach, & orange... but raspberry sold me.  It was just as delicious as it was pretty!

"Where food is food & drinks are stiff" ... with a throwback to a mid-century mindset, Pomp recalls and revives the invaluable necessity for fresh, local ingredients.  After receiving a "food awakening" during my years of living in Italy, this is something that is very important to me.  The farm-fresh mentality really shouldn't be a movement or a trend as if it is something new... it should be the simple, old fashioned way of life that it once was.  Pomp delivers just this, with sources including Slagel family farms, one that I know and love.  I ordered the decadent french toast, with brioche, berry compote, and whipped cream.  It was truly one of the best french toasts I've had - simple yet with just the right amount of richness.  Eric enjoyed the pork belly hash, which was absolutely marvelous. (I had to sample it too, of course!)

What I love even more, is that fresh food is delivered with a glamorous experience.  Being the luxe lover that I am, constantly obsessing over the opulence of old hollywood, I was equally impressed with the service, ambience and presentation as with the delicious food.

1400 N. Wells St.
Chicago, Il 60610

{Cherry Earrings by Ceci Punch & Poodle Ring by Coco & Duckie}











1 comment:

  1. Glamorous as always <3

    Nytashia,

    www.beyondennisent.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel