Thursday, September 1, 2016

Day 1 at Renaissance Hotel || RAISED Bar



Luxury in the heart of the city, that is how I would describe recently renovated Renaissance Hotel of downtown Chicago.  For an early anniversary celebration, Eric and I were treated to an indulgent and glamorous staycation, thanks to the top notch experience Renaissance provides!  Every aspect from the service, friendly and helpful staff, to the beautiful location and breathtaking views - I highly recommend this spot for any Chicago travelers or 'staycationers' alike.

On Day 1, we arrived 30 minutes before our check in time but were kindly allowed to move into our beautiful room.  With both views of the Chicago River and Chicago Marquee, I was in heaven!  I'll share more about our room later, because today is all about where we were off to next... a gem: RAISED Rooftop Bar.  "The name RAISED, refers to many conceptual layers" including views of the historic bascule drawbridges lining the Chicago River, some as old as 100 years.  Welcoming both locals and guests, this exclusive open roof deck has an intimate feel and impeccable service.

We were seated in chic lounge-like chairs, surrounded by a beautiful flower garden.  With the air softly sweeping on this warm summer evening, we felt as if we could stay there forever.  The loveliest floral cocktails were such a refreshing aesthetic to pair with this garden setting, and these feminine details couldn't have made me happier.  Having the extra touch of beauty is something that I think is so rare these days, and they tasted just as wonderful as they looked!  Plates to follow included parmesan rosemary frites, lobster rolls, sliders, and the cutest peanut butter & jelly push pops, along with caramel ice cream sandwiches.  Our server was personable yet professional, exactly everything that I hope for in a dining experience.

Although we were treated to this amazing experience, my opinions are always of course my own.  For a perfect city retreat and a bit of calm away from the chaos, with highly impressive American cuisine, this lovely garden bar is a must.

Sponsored by Raised Rooftop Bar
At Renaissance Hotel Chicago // 1 West Upper Wacker Drive
@RaisedBarChicago on Instagram



















1 comment:

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel