Monday, October 31, 2016

Dark 30's Glamour || Halloween with Mac Cosmetics



Happy Halloween!  I'm not one for dressing in costumes much (disappointing, I know) but I do love Halloween.  So, I always take the opportunity to stretch my creativity a bit and do something unusual, imaginative, and a little on the spooky side....  This year, I partnered with Mac Cosmetics to share a limited edition collection, inspired by the sensual imagery of iconic photographer Helmut Newton.  The dark glamour of this line created a beautiful palette for the somewhat haunting 30's-inspired aesthetic I envisioned.

Mac has always been my #1 go-to makeup brand, and I am completely wowed by this collection, especially the Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolours.  The feeling is like painting satin onto my lips, and the finish is a deep, non-bleeding, rouged lip stain that lasts!   I love every single colour, but today's look was achieved with "Self Portrait."  On my nails, is the matching oxblood red Studio Nail Lacquer in Berlin.   Complete makeup details are below... wishing you a glamorous and peculiar holiday!

Sponsored by Mac Cosmetics 
#MACLimitedEdition Helmut Newton Collection Available now online & in-store November 3 through December 15, 2016
Eye Shadow Point 'N' Shoot in Real Fantasy, Hard Currency, & Influential // Mascara Upward Black // Lips Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Self Portrait // Nails Studio Nail Lacquer in Berlin

Other Makeup Details:
Studio Fix Fluid // Select Cover-Up & love Pro Longwear too // Pro Longwear Fluidline in Backtrack (my favorite, I've been using this for years) // Fluidline Brow GelCreme in Dirty Blonde //  Lip Pencil in Nightmoth 

Outfit: Unique Vintage // Royal Vintage Shoes // Parasol available here


















Xoxo,
♥ Rachel ♥


3 comments:

  1. Stunning!

    xoxo

    sophia,

    www.thatpinup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so stunning, I love a moody 1930s look like this. I'm looking for a 1930s inspired lipstick at present, so I will have to check out the one you used here.

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel