Friday, October 7, 2016

Pleated Tartan Skirt || CC x VV Collaboration Collection



As many of you have seen on my instagram, I have been working with Voodoo Vixen to bring an exclusive collection designed by your's truly!  In the winter I always crave soft, warm, fabrics especially living in a city with a legitimate cold season.  I wanted this collection to reflect the luxurious glamour of winter wear from bygone eras - wools, coat dresses, furs (faux), interesting details, and I found myself particularly inspired by the intricacy of the 30's and 40's. 

I am so pleased with the result, as VV worked hard to bring my wishes into a reality.  We created 2 luxurious frocks and an elegant partial-pleated skirt.  Each design was constructed with some real weight to them - they are truly unique, one-of-a-kind pieces to treasure.  I was adamant about a longer-than-usual hemline, as it is always possible to alter a piece to be shorter, but to lengthen is not possible.  I am about 5'5 1/2" and wearing smalls, so you can see that even though I'm not on the extra tall side, the length hits mid-calf.

Next, I wanted to have some original details & unique construction, inspired by 30's/40's designs.  On the 'Lola' dress we added pleats at the bust, a bias-cut skirt, and both dresses have completely detachable black faux fur collars.  I love that the dark midnight blue shade in our fabric allows for styling of both black and blue shades, and so removing the collar will give you a solid green and blue pallet if you choose.   The Agnes skirt is soft, sleek, and feminine, draping beautifully against your curves without being skin-tight.  We created a buttoned pleat at the hemline, that begins on each side and wraps just around the back.

I am so proud of how each turned out - the design, details, fabric, quality, and how simply luxurious they feel to wear.  Your response has already been overwhelming, and I am beyond flattered!  Within 24 hours of release on the Voodoo website, the "Rachel" pencil dress has sold out.  This style along with the "Lola" will be restocked on the VV site in November - however, I have a list of retailers that will carry my collection in the meantime!  See below...

WHERE TO PURCHASE  

Pleated Agnes Skirt - NOW available at Voodoo Vixen  Unique Vintage
Later will be at Pinup Girl Clothing & Modcloth

Bias-Cut Lola Dress - NOW available at Top Vintage 
Later will be at Unique Vintage, & Blue Banana  

Rachel Pencil Dress - NOW available at Top Vintage 
Later will be at Unique Vintage, & Pinup Girl Clothing

I hope you enjoy my collection and please tag me in your photos at @ChicagoChicBlog!  Features in both dresses coming up soon as well!  Thank you all for your continued love and support.  Xoxo, Rachel ♥









3 comments:

  1. That Swing Dress! I need it in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so amazing you got to collaborate on some new designs for Voodoo Vixen, well done! I really love this skirt and those shoes are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel