Friday, October 28, 2016

Sue Ann Richman || Fall Family History with Secrets in Lace



This post is dedicated to my 2nd best friend, my strength, my support, and one gorgeous Utah cheerleader of the 60's/70's, my mom!  Having the honor of inheriting one of her uniforms, I'm excited to share a little bit of a different kind of post today!  It meant the world to me to receive this from her... as a vintage lover, a history lover, and as a daughter who deeply cherishes my family's past.  As the Utah climate is very cold during autumn and winter, I can see why this Coleman uniform is durable, thick, and warm.  The sweater tag reads "Coleman Knitting Mills, Ogden Utah.  100% Worsted Wool, especially made for Sue Richman."  A personalized tag, and a heavy duty wool, straight from the Coleman knitting mills.  {side note: my mom was TINY ... I could barely zip this up, even in my corset!!}

Although definitely an understatement to say modern cheerleading style is much different than it's beginnings, football and the American pinup are a classic combination!  Cheerleaders were a common pinup art theme, and nothing says Fall quite like reminiscing of American football... which grew increasingly popular throughout the early 20th century to present day of course.

There is a Secrets in Lace stocking style for every outfit, and completing my 50's - 60's inspired look, is the beige fishnet pantyhose stocking.  Living in a city with seasons, there are many days when I prefer not to leave any part of my legs bare with my usual full fashion stockings.  I've found that these fishnets not only provide a subtle stylish texture to an outfit, but also are surprisingly warm.  And, they made a perfect choice for today's 60's pleated wool mini.  I completed the retro look with a SIL bullet bra!

Thank you mom, for the most special gift and a piece of your past.  I love you so much!

Sponsored by Secrets in Lace
Retro Bullet Bra in lilac
Follow on Instagram

{Royal Vintage shoes // Unique Vintage beret // MAC Cosmetics limited edition Helmut Newton LipColour in high heels}



{My mom, in sequins above, and a hot pant below (3rd)!}










3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post! What a beautiful tribute to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I inherited a dress of my grandmother's from the fifties so I understand what you mean about how cool family history can be. It's probably my favorite vintage piece I will ever own!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel