Monday, November 28, 2016

Diamond Seams || Festive Farewell to November



As we transition from November to December, I love mixing textures and adding pops of interesting details to give my outfits a festive feeling.  Including intricate accessories to simple, feminine ensembles allows for an elegant way to add a little holiday mood to every day attire.  I'm so inspired by the refined fashion of the 40's & 50's, and the way subtle details became bold components to simple, well-structured outfits.  Silhouettes were like uniforms, and yet details were so original from one piece to the next.  I could see Lucille Ball, Doris Day or Betty Grable donning an outfit like today's!

Speaking of details, what better season than the present to adorn yourself with diamonds ... even diamonds on your seams!  Secrets in Lace recreated this Full Fashion French Heel design that had previously not been done since the 1960's, and it is one of my favorites (although I think I say this about each of my SIL stockings)  They look especially glamorous paired with my vintage satin circle skirt & velvet heels.

Another detail I love, is my pink sequin embroidered scarf - a very special piece from 95 year old Doris, via Lady Jane Vintage.  In case you missed the post on Doris, find it here.

Sponsored by Secrets in Lace
Follow Secrets in Lace on Instagram and enter a $100 gift card giveaway!

{Lady Jane Vintage skirt, scarf, hat & brooch // Beau Gant gloves // Unique Vintage faux fur // H&M cardigan}










No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel