Friday, March 3, 2017

Friday Primping || Recent Favs with MAC Cosmetics


Happy Friday!  Today's beauty post is all about makeup, and I'm excited to share some recent favorites from my glamour go-to, MAC.  I love doing themed shoots with cosmetics like my Chinese New Year highlight, but once in a while it's nice to do a little roundup at my vanity to showcase a variety of what I'm loving lately.  Also, be sure to check the outfit details on all my posts as I often include some lipstick/makeup info!  Here's a few recent favorites:

Eye Shadow

I usually wear a variety of neutral shades of which MAC provides endless options, but I also like experimenting with color for a more 50's inspired look.  Women often coordinated shades to their eye color, and sometimes to their outfit.  Another variation I like is a bit more high-glam for evening, in which case I'll do a darker eye with added sparkle.  



Matte:
Just released! Eyes x 9 in Semi-sweet #EyesOnMAC 
{Available in store and online March 2 through April 13, 2017}  
These little palettes are magic for personal customization, and they're pocket-sized for easy portability.  Matte is always a good idea for a daywear look, especially for the vintage-inspired girl.  I' These shades are perfect year-round, but I'm also excited to experiment with 'cranberry' & 'mustard' in the Fall!  I'm envisioning a perfect match to burgundy & mustard ensembles. 


Varied Texture:
Chinese New Year Shadow with blossom inspired hues
You might remember this palette from my Year of the Rooster feature a few weeks ago.  I absolutely love a mix of soft pastels, and often wear pinky-rose 'sweet luste' or bronze-dipped peach 'honey lust' for a little extra dazzle.  'Idol eyes' is another favorite, a silvered violet gold lustre which looks beautiful with blue-toned outfits.





Of their standard selections, I'm currently loving white frost, blanc type, amber lights, soft brown, honey lust, and beautiful iris.

Lip & Highlight





Exfoliator:
Lip Scrubtious in Sweet Brown Sugar & Summer Berry
I've been eating these up, nearly literally, as they taste so good!  My lips are often dry and since I wear so much lipstick, these little cuties keep my lips smooth and primed for color.







Lipstick:
Naturally I was so excited to see MAC recreating & celebrating a pinup icon from the past, Queen of the Cartoons!  Inspired by her signature cupids bow pout + her sass & confidence, this shade is a true red with matte finish.  I've found it to have a cooler tone with just a hint of pinkish red, the ultimate shade of femininity, just like Betty Boop!  It glides on smooth, the finish is a bright matte, and I LOVE it.

This iconic lip continues to sell out every time it's back in stock!  A few others I've been wearing a lot lately are Helmut Newton Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in 'high heels' & Ruby Woo from the Shadescents range (also a standard lip color).



Lip Pencil:
Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in 'trust in red' for pinkish reds
Classic Lip Pencil in 'redd' for warm toned, 'cherry' for cool toned reds



Highlight:
As a vintage lover & obsession with a powdery aesthetic, I tend to avoid too much to do with shine.  However, I recently started dabbing just a dusting of this highlighter to bring out my cheekbones, and I'm loving how it looks.  I also found that applying Strobe Cream under all of my usual matte makeup & setting powder, there was no visible shine throughout the day, and actually made my skin bright and smooth.  The trick for vintage is to never skip the powder! :)






Thanks to MAC Cosmetics for sponsoring this post!

{Pearl earrings by Ceci Punch Designs}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel