Friday, April 14, 2017

Cherry Blossoms || Easter in Central Park



Spring is here in New York, and what could be more magical than Central Park covered in cherry blossoms?  An undeniably iconic park and historic landmark, this formal oasis opened in 1858.  For such a heavenly setting, Lady Jane Vintage found me the most perfect vintage dress and jacket set... a 1950's masterpiece with utterly stunning rose embroidery details over the softest light wool fabric.  Immersed in strings of pink puffs, with romantic floral embroidery in dusty rose, it was almost a question of where do I end and the trees begin?  

Also from the LJV shop, I added a sparkling bunny pin, with pearl for a tail, & pink crystal jewelry set.  On my lips, I wore a deep crimson shade with a dash of red gloss over top.  I'm often asked what face makeup I use for a porcelain look, so I've included my favorite foundation and concealer below.  I'll have a skin post coming up with more in-depth descriptions, but I have yet to find face makeup that works better for me - in shades, and semi-matte texture!

  Spring blooms, vintage baby pink, sparkling jewels, pearl & crystal bunnies, crimson rouge... glamour & femininity fulfills my Easter dreams.  Happy Easter, bunnies!

Lady Jane Vintage 1950's dress & jacket set, jewelry, gloves, & bag
Mac Cosmetics studio fix SPF 15 foundation in shade NW13, pro longwear concealer, retro matte lip in Carnivorous, dash of lipglass in Russian Red, pro longwear fluidline eyeliner
Jana Royale Design hair blossoms









xoxo,
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, this is one of my most favorite shoots! I love "pink"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely exquisite. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a stunning dress, which of course looks absolutely amazing on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of pink lovelyness. :) May I ask which corset you are wearing? Since I never see any bulges on you, I would truly love to know. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ciao and thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate each and every comment so much. Feel free to also connect with me on Instagram and Twitter - all links are on my sidebar.

X baci
Rachel